SQuirreL SQL Client is an open source GUI software that will allow users to view abd browse the structure of JDBC compliant databases.
SQuirreL's functionality can be extended through the use of plugins.
· Java 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Graph plugin: Graphs can be linked and copied
· SQL formatting can be configured in global preferences
· Hibernate Plugin: Complete redesign of HQL query result display: Focus is now on displaying object results
· Hibernate Plugin: Support of HQL-insert/update/delete statements and of HQL queries that return mapped attribute values
· Code completion Plugin: CamelCase completion as supported in many modern IDEs can be activated in completion preferences
· Multisource Plugin: Allows SQuirreL to support native multiple source queries where one SQL query spans multiple sources
· Many other improvements were made for performance and ease-of-use
· A number of bug fixes