SQL Admin is a Java client application to connect and send queries to different databases through JDBC.
SQLAdmin uses the brand new SWT Toolkit. The main idea is to create a multiplatform and multidatabase thin client. For example, you can connect to an Microsoft SQL Server from a Linux machine, or connect to a PostgreSQL/Linux server from a Windows machine using the same application.
Here are some key features of "SQL Admin":
· Based on the SWT Tookit. Java applications can use the native Toolkit with a platform independant API. For example, SQLAdmin uses GTK2 in Linux
· Lightweight : The application itself is small, and the SWT provides a nice gui with a very small footprint
· Abstract JDBC driver backend. User should configure only basic parameters like server, port, and login without the need to know about Class names or JDBC URL's
· Graphical view of connections and database metadata such as schemas, tables and fields
· Multiple query execution. Also supports embedded comments on SQL Text
· Log window to view system messages and query results
· Table structure view
· Fast table rows view
· GTK+ version 2.2.x
What's New in This Release:
· An RPM package for Linux is now distributed.
· Only available Schemas are shown.
· A ClassPath editor was added.