QtSQL Browser 0.85
QtSQL Browser is a generic GUI database browsing frontend.
The database abstraction is provided by the Qt database drivers. So far, the drivers for PostgreSQL and MySQL have been found to work well.
In principle, there is no reason why ODBC drivers for popular databases such as Oracle, DB2, Informix as well as Firebird and SAP/DB shouldn't work via the Qt ODBC3 abstraction layer.
However, some preliminary tests with these have not been promising. It may be that the only way to get some of these working is to create a native Qt database driver. This is something I'll be looking into much later.
At the moment, it is only possible to build the system on Unix and similar systems. Since Trolltech have released a version of Qt for OSX under the GPL and have announced their intention to do likewise for Win32, it should be possible to provide ports for both of these platforms. For the moment though, I just provide the source.
- Tree browser for databases and tables
- Display of table descriptions
- Display of table contents in main window
- Execution of ad-hoc SQL queries in the query tab
- Command line history in the query tab
- Retrieval of database connection details from XML config file
- Retrieval of other configuration parameters from XML config file
- Prompting for connection password
- Addition of new connections via GUI to the running application and the config file
- Display database views with a separate icon
- Create a connection name independent of the database name
- A "Test" button when creating a new connection
- Dynamically generate a list of available drivers
- Configuration via autoconf
- Fixed bug with executing updates/inserts twice
- Refreshing of a DB connection
- Deleting of connections via the GUI
- Editting of connections via the GUI
- Check for the existence of ~/.qtsql
- Creation of skeleton config file
- Auto saving/restoring of history
- Loading of queries
- Saving of results
- Keyboard shortcuts