OT2 project is a bonsai collection management software for *nix systems and windows, it helps you to manage your trees, your pots and your pictures.
Here are some key features of "OT2":
· Unlimited number of trees and pots with their detailed characteristics.
· Sort trees according to their name, age, species..., show all of them or only a subset (mature bonsai, potensai, kusamono...)
· For each tree, you can record or schedule any work, remark, treatement, etc..
· Add as many pictures as you want. Pictures can be resized and moved to a repository while the original may be saved in another place.
· See the complete history of a tree, pictures and events displayed together or separated.
· For rempotting events, choose the pot to put the tree in.
· Full fledged installer/desinstaller
· Free sotfware (as defined by the FSF) : no limitations, no customer code, will always be free.
· ...and many more.
Advanced features :
· Easy to use interface, tabbed navigation.
· Integration with you favorite image editor : no more lengthy search on your hard drive to find a picture for a virtual.
· Export your tree data to a set of HTML pages.
· Batch management of trees with progressive individualization. Very handy for seedlings!
· Data stored in file or in a mySql server, local or distant (GNU/Linux only feature)
· Use the industry standard SQL language to store the data : your data is safely keeped and still belongs to you !
· and more...
What's New in This Release:
· pot suppression doesn't work
· order button without effect in some views
· tree history view no updated after adding a picture or an event
· price of tree limited to 99
· doubling of apostrophes when reentering text.
· crash when suppressing a picture in its full size view
· pot price is not properly displayed
· bugs in default picture managment
· some spelling mistakes
· corrected bug which prevented the programm to run
· correctly on non english or french systems (e.g. german)
· Fixed bug on tab tittle
· new full fledged windows installer
· display values (start, number to show, sorting order etc) remembered from one session to the next
· new dialog to easily choose the default pic of a tree
· for kusamonos, style is automatically set to "without"
· for pots, shape is not required anymore
· HTML export assistant now allow to choose a background image and a cascading style sheet. A default style is proposed in the app folder.
· double click on a pot, photo or tree summary opens the complete view in a new tab
· new tabs show on foreground
· creation of a new tree now just needs entering its name and its species
· Partially improved updating view when adding pictures