MySQLdb is a Python interface to MySQL.
The design goals are: compliance with Python database API version 2.0, thread-safety, thread-friendliness (threads will not block each other), compatibility with MySQL-3.22 and later.
MySQL versions 3.23-5.1; and Python versions 2.3-2.5 are supported. MySQLdb is the Python DB API-2.0 interface. _mysql is a low-level API similiar to the MySQL C API. ZMySQLDA is a Database Adapter for Zope2.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The build system has been completely redone and should now build on Windows without any patching; uses setuptools.
· Added compatibility for Python 2.5, including support for with statement.
· connection.ping() now takes an optional boolean argument which can enable (or disable) automatic reconnection.
· Support returning SET columns as Python sets was removed due to an API bug in MySQL; corresponding test removed.
· Added a test for single-character CHAR columns.
· BLOB columns are now returned as Python strings instead of byte arrays.
· BINARY character columns are always returned as Python strings, and not unicode.
· Fixed a bug introduced in 1.2.1 where the new SHOW WARNINGS support broke SSCursor.
· Only encode the query (convert to a string) when it is a unicode instance; re-encoding encoded strings would break things.
· Make a deep copy of conv when connecting, since it can be modified.
· Added support for new VARCHAR and BIT column types.
· DBAPISet objects were broken, but nobody noticed.