DataKiosk is a JuK-like database interface tool for generic SQL databases.
A little bit about where it came from... DataKiosk began as a solution for a customer with a thorny problem. This customer had some nasty legacy databases with horrible user interfaces that all needed to be merged.
While brainstorming for a solution, I came up with the idea of a Juk-like interface. After all, Juk and ITunes are wonderful interfaces for musical databases so, why not extend the concept to other generic SQL databases?
DataKiosk now resides in kdecvs under the kdeextragear-1 module.
- Load tables with fully configurable fields.
- Present Parent/Child tables through foreign key relations.
- Basic and Advanced Search where the terms are transformed into SQL SELECT statements.
- Integrated Kugar Reports where the report is created from the current search.
- Project based with Saved Searches, Saved Reports and so on.
- Present a very fast and efficient data entry application.