DBConsole is a GPL'd database shell written in Python.
DBConsole is dedicated to the nice people behind Python DBAPI-2.
· Python 2.4 and higher (other versions may also work).
· For SQLite support: Sqlite 3 and PySqlite 2.x (standard in Python 2.5)
· For PostgreSQL: PostgreSQL X and pyscopg
· For MySQL: MySQL X and MySQLdb
- Unpack the archive to some directory,
- Make sure ``dbconsole.py`` is executable::
$ chmod +x dbconsole.py
- Copy ``dbconsole.py`` to somewhere on the path, or create a symbolink link. On UN*X, you could do::
$ sudo ln -s `pwd`/dbconsole.py /usr/bin/dbcons
- Create a directory ``~/.dbcons`` and copy ``help.txt`` there.