Wannatrak is an open source application that allows to use mobile phones with J2ME support as mobile trackers and see its tracks on Google Maps online. It also has a web RESTful API for GPS data input.
How does it work:
1. User creates an account on the site.
2. Downloads J2ME application to his mobile.
3. Launches the mobile apllication and starts it to track.
4. Takes a trip.
5. Goes to the site and sees geo details of his trip.
Try it here: www.wannatrak.com
· Java 2 Standard Edition Runtime Environment