python-gammu are Python bindings for Gammu library. It currently does not support all Gammu features, but range of covered functions is increasing, if you need some specific, feel free to use bug tracking system for feature requests.
First you need Gammu installed as shared library and with header files. You can use either packages for your favourite distribution or do it by hand (replace XXX by current gammu version):
> tar xfj gammu-XXX.tar.bz2
> cd gammu-XXX
> ./configure --prefix=/usr
> make share
# make installshared
For finding gammu libraries, pkg-config is used, so please install it also.
Then you can build and install python-gammu. It uses standard distutils, so:
> python setup.py build
# python setup.py install
You can override values acquired from pkg-config by environment variables
GAMMU_LIB and GAMMU_INC:
python setup.py build running build
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New SMSD config option HardResetFrequency.
· Gammu now supports freedesktop.org/XDG specs for config file locations and reads ~/.config/gammu/config.
· Increase timeout for AT+CMGL (bug #1317).
· Added support for optional delivery report parts as defined by ETSI 123 040, section 188.8.131.52 (bug #1304).
· SMSD database host configuration is now named "host" not "PC".