GSMLIB is a library to access GSM mobile phones through GSM modems. Additionally, some simple command line programs are provided to use these functionalities.
The software works under Linux (tested with Redhat Linux 6.1 and 7.0) and Win32 (experimental, tested with Windows95 and Windows NT4.0).
Here are some key features of "gsmlib":
· modification of phonebooks stored in the mobile phone or on the SIM card
· reading and writing of SMS messages stored in the mobile phone
· sending and reception of SMS messages
· You need a mobile phone that conforms to the GSM standards ETSI GSM 07.07, ETSI GSM 07.05, and others. Non-GSM mobile phones will not work! Additionally, to access the mobile phone from the computer you will probably need an GSM modem (that would be a PC-
· If you want to use Nokia mobile phones without an GSM modem gsmlib will not work for you. Please refer to to http://www.gnokii.org in this case.