astGUIclient is a GUI client application for the Asterisk open-source PBX.
This is a suite of programs that are designed to interact with the Asterisk Open-Source PBX Phone system at a client computer level to extend the functionality of your phone and system.
The suite of software is designed to work with an Asterisk system that has Zap(T1/E1/PSTN),IAX or SIP trunks and SIP/IAX/Zap phones.
Another component included with the astGUIclient package is the VICIDIAL auto-dialer. This is a list dialer(another real-time web-client) that can be added to Asterisk and is highly configurable with detailed logging. VICIDIAL can dial one-call-at-a-time or you can put it in auto-dial mode and it acts as a predictive dialer. VICIDIAL also can function as an ACD for inbound calls or for Closer calls coming from VICIDIAL fronters and even allows for remote agents that may only have a phone.
The software suite also includes a from-scratch software installation document, full English and Spanish versions of the web-clients and admin pages, and the Asterisk Central Queue System(ACQS) which allows for optimized and streamlined Asterisk integration.
This group of applications is designed to run on top of just about any version of Asterisk so no messing around with the Asterisk source code is necessary. For more information see the system requirements. astGUIclient is not an Asterisk configuration utility, it is an end-user Graphical User Interface.
All astGUIclient software elements are distributed freely through the GPL with no warranty.
Here are some key features of "astGUIclient":
· Grabs live call info from a DB updated every second
· Displays live status of users phones and Zap/IAX/SIP/Local channels
· Allows calls to be placed from GUI and directed to phone
· Allows intrasystem calls at the click of a button
· Allows call recording at the click of a button
· Allows conference calling of up to 6 channels through GUI
· Administrative Hangup of any live Zap/IAX/SIP/Local channel
· Administrative Hijack of any live Zap/IAX/SIP/Local channel
· Administrative switch user function
· Call Parking sends calls to park ext and then redirects to phone ext
· CallerID popup with buttons to open custom web pages
· Voicemail display and button to go right to check voicemail
· Allows Blind listening of calls on Zap channels
· Allows Blind transfers of calls to specific voicemail boxes
· Allows Blind transfers of calls to intrasystem extensions
· Allows Blind transfers of calls to external numbers
Additional Features available only in the web version:
· More than 6 channels in the conference room
· Send to Voicemail directly from the inbound call popup window
· All client phone connections are shown not just the first
· Allows transfers to conferences
· Call parking with callerID
· Asterisk 1.0.7 recommended but will work with older versions and 1.2
· Zap trunks(T1/E1 or PSTN lines), IAX2 trunks or SIP trunks required
· Client phones can be SIP/IAX/Zap
· In extensions.conf you must use the 'o' flag on your outbound extens
· In php.ini you must have uploads turned on to use the web lead loader
· SoX 12.17.5 or greater must be installed
· GNU screen 3.9.15 or greater must be installed
· ntp must be installed and syncing to same time source as clients
· Perl5 with several CPAN modules(Time::HiRes, Net::MySQL, Net::Telnet, etc)
· Access to MySQL server, must be version 4.0.X or higher
· Access to Apache/PHP webserver
What's New in This Release:
· System statuses, including the addition of status categories, can be easily controlled.
· Several new In-Group features were added, including music-on-hold, alert messages, and call times.
· Skill based ranking and call routing can be done for inbound and outbound.
· Agent call routing based on the number of calls taken today per in-group or campaign can be done.
· The ability to copy the settings of an existing User/Campaign/In-Group into a new one was added.
· The Transfer feature in the agent screen was changed to allow for more transfer In-Group choices.
· Available campaigns are dynamically displayed for an agent in the agent login screen.