anyRemote Java client is a GUI frontend written in Java for the anyRemote software.
The overall goal of AnyRemote is to provide wireless Bluetooth remote control service for KDE. In contrast with other Bluetooth remote control programs anyRemote is not limited to SonyEriccson or JSR-82 capabled phones. It was developed as just thin "communication" layer between bluetooth-capabled phone and Linux and in principle could be configured to manage any software. anyRemote is console application, but in addition there are GUI front-ends for Gnome and KDE.
anyRemote could be used with:
- bluetooth connection
- infrared connection
- cable connection
- it could works through bluetooth connection with java client written for JSR82 capabled phones
- it could works through Wi-Fi connection if phone supports Wi-Fi
- it could accept incoming connection from network
- it have web interface (could work as HTTP server)
- it has limited support for Bemused clients
· WTK (wireless toolkit)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Enhanced 48x48 icons handling.
· Add auto-connect feature.