QGnokii is an alternative frontend for Gnokii written in QT3.
I've written this frontend, because "standard" xgnokii is obsolete. QGnokii is probably buggy and it's code is really awful. It can't send linked SMSes yet.
Here are some key features of "QGnokii":
· Sending SMSes
· Fetching address book
· Deleting address book entries
· Adding address book entries
· Fetching ToDo list
· Using phone's modem (doesn't work on OpenBSD yet)
· Identifying phone
Functionality will be enhanced in the future. Primary targets: calendar, todo list (write support). In order to use QGnokii, you must have installed Gnokii first (and pppd in order to use modem).
How to install QGnokii:
1. Unpack the tarball.
2. Edit Makefile (change QTDIR variable to your QT3 directory and INSTALL_PREFIX variable if needed).
3. Do make && make install (as root)
Before first use please relogin or do . /etc/profile as user.
What's New in This Release:
· Bugfix in fetching phonebook
· QGnokiid isn't keeping permanent connection with phone
· Minor bugfixes