Iaxclient is an open source, multiplatform library for creating telephony solutions that interoperate with Asterisk, the Open Source PBX.
Although asterisk supports other VOIP protocols (including SIP, and with patches, H.323), IAX's simple, lightweight nature gives it several advantages, particularly in that it can operate easily through NAT and packet firewalls, and it is easily extensible and simple to understand.
Iaxclient pulls together the wide array of open source technologies required for telephony applications.
Here are some key features of "Iaxclient":
· speex - high quality audio codec optimized for human speech
· gsm - another popular codec for speech
· theora - open source video codec
· portaudio - cross platform audio capture and output
· libiax2 - inter-asterisk exchange protocol library for handing network communication
What's New in This Release:
· Enable gsm codec support in pre-built win32 binaries
· Fixed various memory leaks.
· Fixed use of speex VAD (voice activity detection) sensitivity settings
· Allow use of speex-1.1.12 or later (used to be 1.2 or later)