BitPim is a program that allows you to view and manipulate data on many CDMA phones.
BitPim includes the PhoneBook, Calendar, WallPapers, RingTones (functionality varies by phone) and the Filesystem for most Qualcomm CDMA chipset based phones.
You need a cell phone that BitPim can talk to (details).
You will need a cable that plugs into your computer and into the cellphone. The page for your cell phone lists details of the cables.
If you use Windows, a driver is required for your cable. The driver should be supplied by the supplier/manufacturer of the cable. Drivers may also be available online from the manufacturer of the cable or the phone. The "section" of the help pages for your phone may have pointers to these drivers. Mac OS X and most recent Linux distributions include the drivers, if required.
BitPim is a Python-based app that allows you to view and manipulate data on LG VX4400/VX6000 as well as many Sanyo Sprint cell phones. This includes the PhoneBook, Calendar, WallPapers, RingTones (functionality varies by phone), and the embedded Filesystem for most Qualcomm CDMA chipset-based phones (expert users).
Note: You should to use the test releases if you have any phone other than the LG VX4400, with the LG VX4400 you should use this version. Also, straight USB cables for the LG VX4400 phone WILL result in errors.
- Audiovox CDM-8900
- Sanyo SCP-4900
- Sanyo SCP-5300
- Sanyo SCP-5500
- Sanyo SCP-7200
- Other CDMA phones
What's New in This Release:
· Bug fix: LG VX-8800/10000 Note Pad.
· Improvement: LG AX-8600 Call History and Note Pad (patch submitted by David Ritter).
· Bug fix: LG VX-8500/8800/10000: better BREW file access (i.e. fewer "file block" errors).
· Bug fix: LG VX-9900: access to the mmc1 dir via Command Line Interface (CLI).
· Bug fix: Motorola: BitPim failed to read phonebook from some Motorola models.
· Improvement: Call History: Navigate to other subtrees.
· Bug fix: SCP-6650: Fix Katana-II phone/port detection
· Add "extrazero" fields to listfile and listdirectory responses so that filesystem view will work for Samsung SPHA-900. May break filesystem view for other phones.
· New phone support: Sanyo SCP-8400
· New phone support: LG VX-9100 (enV2)
· Bug fix: Can't view Data Recording files on non-Intel Mac.
· Bug fix: Correctly process BREW special files.
· New phone support: LG VX-8560
· New Phone support: LG VX-9700
· New Phone support: LG VX-8610
· Bug fix: LG VX-9900 SMS support.
· Bug fix: Sanyo SCP-7500. Correctly read date on Sent messages.
· Maintenance: Upgrade build script.
· New phone support: LG LX-570 (Musiq) (Initial)
· Bug fix: Support for the LG VX-8800 V4, LG VX-8550 V4, and LG VX-10000 V9.
· Bug fix: Calendar Import Filter dialog raised exception.
· Improvement: In the Get Data from Phone and Send Data to Phone dialog, clicking on either the Add or Replace All selection of a row will also enable that row.
· Improvement: Edit PhoneBook Entry dialog: add/edit ICE setting.
· Bug fix: LG VX-8350, LG VX-8550: failed to read/write large files.