Alamin GSM SMS Gateway provides a SMS-to-SMSQP/SMTP gateway and client to send SMS from an IP client.
Alamin GSM SMS Gateway is a gateway for exchanging messages between GSM and IP networks.
The main objective of the gateway is to provide a reliable delivery service and conversion in both directions in order to extend to the GSM network the functions of IP-based applications.
To make an analogy, it's like a web server for HTML pages. They need the web server and provide it with content. The Alamin Gateway paves the way for all types of mobile applications on GSM using SMS messages. One very common use for the gateway is to send an alarm from a computer network to its system administrators. Another is the currently common apps showing tv viewers comments on tv programs.
Currently, the connection to the gateway from the IP network can be achieved using SMSQP (11201), the native protocol of the gateway for sending messages and managing the queue. The SMSQP protocol can be used directly or through the "gsgc" client. Implementing a SMTP interface is easy configuring your MTA for calling a script that prepares the message and calls "gsgc".
The connection between the gateway and the GSM network can be realized through a GSM modem or through a telephone supported by the project Gnokii. A SMPP connector is being developed these days.
At present, only GSM modems can be used in "text" mode. In the future, "pdu" mode will also be supported. Not all devices support both modes, so that you will have to read the manual of your mobile telephone or GSM modem and consult the GSM devices page.
Alamin is developed on Debian GNU/Linux but runs almost in all perl enabled systems.
What's New in This Release:
· smtp interface has been removed, it was buggy and not fully implemented.
· SMPP interface for sending and receiving messages, both connectors are in own daemons, outside the core module and the message dispatcher.
· SMPP interface uses the Net::SMPP perl module.
· It has been tested onlywith mblox servers.
· MySQL interface for inserting records from received messages and send messages in a table.
· New config files are in perl script format.