Cornfed SIP User Agent 1.1.7
Cornfed SIP User Agent is a SIP Softphone.
The Cornfed SIP User Agent allows you to make Internet phone calls using an Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) or Open Sound System (OSS) sound card with speakers and microphone as your telephone handset.
The Cornfed SIP User Agent is provided free of charge for personal use for users of the Linux operating system. The program is provided as a binary distribution only. The Cornfed SIP User Agent is specifically designed with embedded and mobile wireless devices in mind.
Development is under way to bring this client to other platforms. If you are interested in licensing this technology for your commercial application, please contact Cornfed Systems at 410-404-8790.
- Supports SIP (RFC 3261), SDP (RFC 2327), and RTP (RFCs 3550 and 3551)
- Automated detection of Residential Gateways using Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Supports Digest authentications for registrations and outbound INVITEs
- Support for loose proxy routing using Record-Route and Route headers
- Handles forking of outbound INVITEs by proxies
- Supports re-INVITEs for changes to media transport
- Supports G.711 mu-Law and a-Law voice codecs
- Supports RFC 2833 DTMF tone generation
- Supports SIP compact header forms
- Gnome GUI and CLI clients
- Multi-threaded implementation
Cornfed SIP User Agent
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Changed Contact header address to use registration user and added separate Expires header line to outbound REGISTER messages to address some Session Border Controllers (SBCs).
- Fixed bug where compact form of Contact header was not recognized in incoming responses.
- Fixed bug where compact form of Via headers was not recognized in incoming messages.
- Fixed bug introduced after 1.1.4 that prevents reset of expiration timer during re-registrations.