A P2P filesharing client which is based on the Gnutella network.
Phex is a P2P filesharing client which is based on the Gnutella network. Phex offers advanced functions and integrates all common Gnutella extensions like multi-source downloads and advanced search features.
- Phex is a FREE of spyware and adware:
- Phex never containd any kind of spyware, adware or any other kind of bundled software.
- Multi-plattform support:
- Whether you use MAC OS X, Linux, Solaris, or Windows Phex is able to run on them all. All you need is a operation system that offers a Java 1.4 Runtime Environment.
- Multi-source downloads (Swarming):
- Often the file you like to download is available on different hosts. Phex will request different segment of the file from each host in parallel. After successfully downloading a segment Phex will merge it with the other segments of the file. This results in a much higher download speed. If a host is too slow the segment is split during download and given to an another host. To make sure you never run out of hosts Phex is able to find new download hosts by itself with the automatic search functionality.
- Advanced configuration options:
- Phex offers very advanced configuration options. Much more then many other clients can offer. Especially advanced user can configure Phex according to there needs and are able to tune and see the effect of different settings.
- Passive searching and snooping for files:
- With the passive search functionality Phex is able to constantly monitor the traffic that goes through the network and collect search results that match your passive search term. Also Phex snoops the traffic for new download candidates you need to finish your downloads faster. This type of searching is usefull for longtime monitoring of available files on the network.
- Other features include:
- Multiple searches.
- Ultrapeer and compression technology for reduced bandwidth.
- Integrated chat.
- Browse host support.
- Bitzi metadata lookup.
- MAGMA support.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Much faster searches through a UDP engine rewrite.
- Secure signed update checks, so no one can fool your Phex into trusting a false update.
- Last but not least, there are quite a few bugfixes.