Nicotine-Plus is a fork of Nicotine, the Python/GTK+ 2 client for the Soulseek P2P Network. Nicotine-Plus's features include remote uploads, separate shares sent to Buddies, GUI improvements, and a tray icon.
What's New in This Release:
· Support for Spell Checking in chat added (libsexy and python-sexy required)
· Other users Interests are now shown in the User Info tab, with expanders
· Send Message added to trayicon
· Popup Menus in Private, Chatrooms, and User Browse reorganized
· The user-entry boxes are now buddy-list combobox entries
· Users with PyGTK >= 2.10 will use the gtk.StatusIcon instead of the old trayicon.so module.
· Added a filemanager popup item to the self-browse menu; configurable under Settings->Advanced->Events
· Gstreamer-Python support for sound effects added
· Added Soulseek testing server (port 2242) to the server combobox.
· Changed the URL Catcher's syntax. The ampersand "&" is no longer needed at the end of URL Handlers. The handler entry is now a combobox and includes a bunch of webbrowser commands.
· Userlist Columns are hidable and hidden status is saved.
· Added a "Group by users" check box
· Added Expand/Collapse all toggle button to transfers
· Added a popup dialog to the "Clear Queued" transfers buttons
· Added gallows' patch for including your username in the private chat log. (ticket #161)
· Direct private messages (currently only supported by Nicotine+ >= 22.214.171.124)
· Search now has combo boxes, per-room searching and per-user searching.
· Added Wishlist and changed remembered search tabs to only display when new search results arrive
· Switch to newly started search tab (ticket #157)
· gallows added userinfo image zooming via the scrollwheel (ticket #160)
· Changed Audio Player Syntax it now uses "$" as the filename
· Exit dialog can be disabled in Settings->UI
· When a config option is detected as unset, print it in the log window.
· Move Icon theme and trayicon settings to a seperate frame
· Move sound effect and audio player settings to a seperate frame
· Reopen Settings dialog, if a setting is not set.
· On Win32, hyriand's multithreaded socket selector is used. This will allow a larger number of sockets to be used, thus increasing stability.
· Added Server Message 57 (User Interests)
with userinfo description instead of just
· Uploads to other Nicotine+ users work better
· Userinfo Description does not scroll to the bottom of the window
· Fixed a few bugs with the trayicon
· Fixed server reconnection not actually trying to reconnect (and giving up on the first try)
· Lithuanian translation updated
· Euskare translation updated