Netatalk is an open source Linux daemon, which provides POSIX-compliant *NIX/*BSD systems with the ability to share printers and files with Apple Macintosh computers.
Netatalk is a freely-available, kernel level implementation of the AppleTalk Protocol Suite, originally for BSD-derived systems.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· FIX: Install working PAM config on Solaris 11. Fixes bug #481.
· FIX: Fix a race condition between dbd and the cnid_dbd daemon which could result in users being disconnected from volumes when dbd was scanning their volumes. Fixes bug #477.
· FIX: Netatalk didn't start when the last line of the config file afp.conf wasn't terminated by a newline. Fixes bug #476.
· NEW: Add a new volumes option 'follow symlinks'. The default setting is false, symlinks are not followed on the server. This is the same behaviour as OS X's AFP server. Setting the option to true causes afpd to follow symlinks on the server. symlinks may point outside of the AFP volume, currently afpd doesn't do any checks for "wide symlinks".
· FIX: Automatic AppleDouble conversion to EAs failing for directories. Fixes bug #486.
· FIX: dbd failed to convert appledouble files of symlinks. Fixes bug #490.