Mutella is a terminal-mode Gnutella client with an intuitive and easy to use interface.
Mutella supports all the functionality required to participate as a full-featured node in the Gnutella network. "Full-featured" implies support for file search, download and sharing.
Optimized for a high-bandwidth connection, it sets standards for the server performance and stability. However, Mutella is also happy to run on a modest-speed line.
- Support for Gnutella version 0.6 protocol including Ultrapeers, both Leaf and Ultra modes
- Improved connectivity via GnuWebCache
- SHA1 Hashing
- Real multiple search support (~100 searches work fine)
- Passive search (all query-reply packets are checked against local search list)
- Automatic re-submission of the queries
- Unlimited download retry
- Automatic search for alternative locations when download fails to start immediately
- Auto-get function for broken downloads
- Beautiful, ergonomic, and information-rich web 'remote control' support
- Many more...