Mutella is a terminal-mode Gnutella client with an intuitive and easy to use interface. Initially written by Max for himself, Mutella has now been released to the general public for the benefit of all of us in need of a solid, high-performance client.
Mutella supports all the functionality required to participate as a full-featured node in the Gnutella network. "Full-featured" implies support for file search, download and sharing.
Optimized for a high-bandwidth connection, it sets standards for the server performance and stability. However, Mutella is also happy to run on a modest-speed line.
Here are some key features of "Mutella":
· Support for Gnutella version 0.6 protocol including Ultrapeers, both Leaf and Ultra modes
· Improved connectivity via GnuWebCache
· SHA1 Hashing
· Real multiple search support (~100 searches work fine)
· Passive search (all query-reply packets are checked against local search list)
· Automatic re-submission of the queries
· Unlimited download retry
· Automatic search for alternative locations when download fails to start immediately
· Auto-get function for broken downloads
· Beautiful, ergonomic, and information-rich web 'remote control' support
· Many more...