Iroffer is a software program that acts as a fileserver for IRC. It is similar to a FTP server or WEB server, but users can download files using the DCC protocol of IRC instead of a web browser.
Unlike similar programs, iroffer is not a script, it is a standalone executable written entirely in c from scratch with high transfer speed and effeciency in mind. iroffer has been found to transfer over 50MByte/sec over a gigabit ethernet connection.
Here are some key features of "Iroffer":
· extremely fast dcc transfers
· extremely low cpu usage, and reasonable ram usage
· supports dcc resume
· set max amount of transfers per hostnames
· supports virtual hosts
· bandwidth monitoring, shows last 2 minutes bandwidth average
· maximum bandwidth limiting
· auto-ignores flooders