FlexGet is a multipurpose automation tool for content like torrents, podcasts, nzbs, comics, etc.
FlexGet is able to handle different kinds of sources like RSS-feeds, html pages and even csv files. There are even some plugins for sites that do not provide any kind of useful feeds.
There are numerous plugins that allow utilizing FlexGet in interesting ways and more are being added continuously.
FlexGet is extremely useful in conjunction with applications which have watch directory support.
FlexGet is platform independent, all platforms that have python* available are supported (Linux, Windows, OSX, even some routers and NAS boxes).
How easy is it to use?
Easy configuration was a high priority when designing the application. If you have ever used command line based application you should be more than qualified.
FlexGet uses YAML for configuration. This may be confusing (for new users) at first but don't be scared, FlexGet is equipped with validator that tries to guide you if you make mistakes.
This is a complete, fully functional, configuration file! You don't need anything more complex than this to get started.
- series name
- another series
This example would download new episodes of series name and another series to ~/series using powerful series plugin.
You can find more configuration examples in The Cookbook.
For more information about how FlexGet works, check available plugins or detailed configuration.
Here are some key features of "FlexGet":
· Process from any RSS feed, HTML page, CSV file, or from popular sites like RlsLog.
· Filter movies based on IMDB ratings and other details, or even by your rating history.
· Automatically download subtitles for movies from opensubtitles.org (#227)
· Download TV-series
· Episode number aware, doesn't download same episode twice
· Quality aware
· Get best quality available in a specified time frame
· Min / Max quality
· Get all specified qualities
· Propers / Repacks are downloaded automatically.
· Use regular expressions to match desired content
· Keeps track of already downloaded content
· Easy to add site-specific download scripts / URL re-writers. Many sites supported out of the box. See URLRewriters.
· Completely modular, all features are plugins (see. developer guide for more information)
· And much more ...