Apollon is a Peer-to-Peer File-Sharing Program written for Linux.
Apollon uses the giFT core to connect to various networks, including OpenFT, Gnutella, FastTrack
OpenFT is the homegrown giFT network, Gnutella is the network used by BearShare, LimeWire and others and FastTrack is the popular network used by KaZaA.
Apollon uses a plugin system which allows you to choose which network or multiple networks you wish to use. Finally, plugins for the OpenNap and SoulSeek networks are under development.
Here are some key features of "Apollon":
· Searching and downloading from several networks at the same time
· Tabbed searching
· Preview of mp3 and videos (you need kde-multimedia installed)
· Configure giFT and your plugins with Apollon's settings dialog
· FirstRun wizard to get started easily
· systemtray docking
· Download in the background
· Apollon can connect to a remote giFT daemon
· Chat for Apollon users
· Comes in several languages. So far:
· Brazilian (pt_br)
What's New in This Release:
· added icons for Ares.
· improvements of the search page
· all in one installer contains Ares plugin as well
· fixed some translation filenames.