nweb2fax is a PHP4 web front-end for sending fax, using HylaFAX as backend. It also show you the sending and receiving queue, so you can kill or remove jobs. It's written in PHP4 and use other utilities to covert file formats, ex: psutils,ghostscript.
· PHP4 with "gd" modules
1. Copy all files in an appropriate directory to your web directory.
Ex: "/srv/www/htdocs/nweb2fax" on suse 9.2
2. Edit file "include/pre.php", this file contain pre-defined values,
such as: FAX page size, program pathss. You can see details of each values in that file. Edit the WWWRUNPASS variable with the value of the administrative password given to wwwrun. You will need to give the apache user (wwwrun on suse) admin access in hosts.hfaxd. This can be done with the command:
faxadduser -a password wwwrun
3. The user that the apache is run as requires certain permissions for the ability to perform certain features. There is a perl script in the include directory to help with setting acls on the appropriate directories. I have all of the file removals occuring with faxrm now so you will only need read access to the etc directory to get info from the config file and from xferstats.
4. Edit file "config.ttySxx" in HylaFAX's etc directory, by changing "RecvFileMode" to "666" (for "viewrq.php" to work)
5. Editing the hyla.conf file is not required anymore, but it will be rewritten every time so this browser based ap may not be for you if you have special config here.
· Now you can only attach PostScript file for sending, in the future this
program should support other formats.
· To attach Microsoft documents, such as Word, Excel, you must convert to PostScript file before upload to the web. One way to do this is add PS printer and select "Print to FILE". When you print, it'll ask you to save to file. Type whatever you like and can remember. Then submit this file to nweb2fax.