vpopmail (vchkpw) is a collection of programs and a library to automate the creation and maintenance of virtual domain email configurations for qmail installations using either a single UID/GID or any valid UID/GID in /etc/passwd with a home directory
Features are provided in the library for other applications which need to maintain virtual domain email accounts. vpopmail supports named or IP-based domains. It works with vqadmin, qmailadmin, vqregister, sqwebmail, and courier-imap. It supports MySQL, Sybase, Oracle, LDAP, and file-based (DJB constant database) authentication.
It supports SMTP authentication combined with the qmail-smtp-auth patch. It supports user quotas and roaming users (SMTP relay after POP authentication).
Here are some key features of "vpopmail":
· Support for 1 to 23 million virtual email domains using a "grow as it goes" balenced directory tree.
· Support for 1 to 23 million email users per domain using the same balenced tree structure.
· Automates all qmail configurations into handy and scriptable command line programs and documented API library calls.
· Automates Unix user/group/other permissioning of directories and files.
· Supports authenticated relay control of your qmail smtp server.
· Virtual email file/directories can be assigned to any user/group or do the default vpopmail/vchkpw 89/89.
· Does not require email user accounts in /etc/passwd
· Supports name or IP based virtual domains
Optionally automates support for:
· Storing clear text passwords to help tech support workers
· Record last authentication and automates deletion of stale accounts.
· Storing alias/forwards in mysql or oracle
· Configurable logging based on real world admin's comments and requirements.
· Support for Mysql, Oracle, PostgreSQL, /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow LDAP, Sybase, and default cdb authentication storage.
· Delivers directly to Maildir for use with qmail-pop3d, .qmail files or any other Maildir program.
· No need to have hundreds of .qmail files for virtual domains. Each domain gets it's own directory under vpopmail user with a separate password file for each domain.
· Documented command line programs that can be used in scripts or for remote admin.
· Documented C library for all vpopmail features and transactions.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Updated vlimits_read_vlimits_file to be much more efficient
· Added vusage client API to libvpopmail
· Added vusage daemon
· Updated quota code to talk to vusage daemon if available
· Fixed some backfill patch compilation issues
· Updated maildir_to_email to support paths that end in /Maildir as well as /Maildir/
· Added LDAP valias support
· Updated vusage API to return counts for both users and domains
· Updated domain quota enforcement to work when using vusage
· Re-enabled --enable-domainquotas (with warnings)