newmail is a biff like program for the terminal.
newmail is a small utility that stays in the background and helps you keep track of your incoming mail. It is used to monitor an arbitrary amount of mailboxes and display the subject when new mail arrives.
The program can be integrated into window-oriented programs, such as tool bars.
What's New in This Release:
· Increase internal header size so that forwarded mails with very long subjects are detected properly
· Ensure memory areas don't overlap when using iconv(3)
· Don't report about a new mail when there hasn't been one, i.e. if only a few lines have been read that don't build a proper mail header with name and subject. Reported by and patch prepared by Pavel Sanda
· Patch by Marian Durkovic: Support more than two header lines
· Only ignore linear-white-space between two encoded-words, lax interpretation of RFC 2047 5(1), similar to how Mutt works