kmMail is a web-based mail reader, written in PHP and based on the core functionality of Keftamail (http://www.keftamail.com/).
· PHP 4.0 or later, compiled with IMAP support.
· A compatible web server. See the compatibility section below. Apache for UNIX-ish systems will work best. Secure/SSL connection. While this is not a specific "you must have this or the software will not work" requirement, it is ESSENTIAL to use kmMail over a SSL connection. kmMail uses HTTP authentication, which means the password is transmitted (though with slight obfusication) EVERY TIME a page is loaded. You owe it to your users to use SSL.
· An IMAP/POP3 server. kmMail will work out of the box with UWash IMAPd. Cyrus and Courier will work, but you must tweak the folder settings. I haven't found a POP3 server so far that does not work with kmMail.
· An understanding of the aforementioned concepts "PHP", "IMAP", "UNIX", and "SSL". If you do not know if you have PHP installed (or how to
· install it), do not know the location of the IMAP server, etc, etc... Please ask your system administrator (or better yet, ask her to install it for all users on the system).
What's New in This Release:
· This is a small release, but fixes a cross-site scripting vulnerability. Anybody using any previous version of kmMail is advised to upgrade to 1.0b.1.