eformmail project is a stand-alone CGI program that accepts an HTML form and emails it. The target email address is not buried in the HTML form, making it impossible for spammers to take advantage of this email address.
The output can be formatted by an XSLT processor, and form fields can be validated against a regular expression. A comprehensive manual is available.
Here are some key features of "eformmail":
· Mail the contents of a form to an email address.
· The email address does not have to be present on the form, so it can not be used by email address harvesters in order to spam it.
· The contents of the email body that will be sent is completely configurable. eformmail can pipe the form data through an XSLT processor, so any formatting is possible.
· Supports both application/x-www-form-urlencoded and multipart/form-data encodings.
· It is possible to specify which fields must be validated. The contents should conform to the specified regular expression, else the email will not be sent.
· Single binary program. No PHP, Perl or other libraries needed.
· eformmail.cgi is protected against harvesting of web pages that might use it, in order to exploit it by sending spam through that web page.
What's New in This Release:
· A spam trap facility has been added, so form submissions that are obviously spam can be dismissed immediately.