eXtended Account Management System 0.0.20
eXtended Account Management System is a PHP-based application suite for managing electronic mail accounts.
The XAMS eMail management system primarily consists of a powerful administration panel for managing users, aliases, mailbox quotas, and other mail-related functions.
XAMS manages these domains and user accounts in a database, entirely separate from your Unix system environment.
XAMS ties together and integrates with these packages to provide a coherent virtual hosting solution for e-mail:
- Exim, a flexible mail transfer agent (MTA) with an intuitive and flexible configuration system
- The Courier IMAP/POP server for mailbox access
- MySQL, a powerful, free database server, used for storing domain and account information.
XAMS does not currently manage FTP or HTTP servers. The XAMS graphical user interface is written in PHP, runs on top of Apache, and produces XHTML 1.1 compliant pages.
- Manage any number of domains, mailboxes and aliases
- Multiple domains can be grouped as a "site".
- If you have, for example, two domains domain1.tld and domain2.tld within site site1
- then mails to either of the two email addresses for user user (email@example.com
- or firstname.lastname@example.org) will be delivered to one mailbox.
- Autoreply (out of office) support
- Mail accounts are independent from system accounts
- Mailboxes can have quotas, which you can manage by reseller, site or user.
- Four different user-levels: Administrators, Resellers, Customers and Users
- - each user-level and each user can have individual restrictions
- Easy to use, web based GUI (front end)
- GUI based BIND (DNS server) configuration
- Supports the Exim mail transfer agent
- Supports the Courier-IMAP mailbox server, which provides POP and IMAP access
- Supports the MailScanner virus scanner
- Supports MailScanner and SpamAssassin
- Supports any web-based mail user agent that uses POP or IMAP (Squirrelmail preferred)
- Supports following SMTP-AUTH modes: PLAIN, LOGIN and CRAM-MD5 with or without TLS
- Uses MySQL or PostgreSQL for account storage
- Uses CDB for fast domain lookups in Exim
- Source package includes PAM (Pluggable Authentication Modules) module and Squirrelmail plugins
- Provides easy to use debian packages (.deb files)