XLassie is a replacement for the traditional X mail notification tool, XBiff.
- Counts the number of new messages you have
- Can query remote mail on a POP3 server or on an IMAP server
- Can count local mail with an mbox or a maildir style spool
- Uses less memory than XBiff, and just about every other X mail checker
- Can run a command when clicked on, and/or when new mail arrives
- Supports both the KDE and the WindowMaker applet protocols, in addition to running as a standard X application
- Support for qmail style maildir systems. Should work automatically if you have maildir setup properly. Or point xlassie to a directory instead of a file, and it will keep track of the number of files in it. Thanks to Pitt Murmann for inspiration.
- Backup font selection system. XLassie will try a list of builtin font names if it can't find the default font.