VAMP 2.0 Beta1
VAMP is a web-mail client written entirely in the PHP scripting language which can access POP3 mailboxes.
The main goal of this project is to deliver a solid web-based E-Mail reading and composing platform that is fast, simple and easy to set up. VAMP also has some features rarely found in other web-mail packages.
"Virtual users" for example, which basically means that all E-Mails to a certain domain are put together in a single mailbox which is accessible through a POP3 server. VAMP then decodes this E-Mail box and allows several users to access their own E-Mails, and prevents users from viewing another user's mail.
Here are some key features of "VAMP":
· Easy to set up and maintain configuration using the Setup Tool
· Access to local and remote POP3 E-Mail boxes
· Ability to compose messages with attachments, carbon-copy's etc...
· Each user has his own contact and signature database
· VAMP supports translation-on-the-fly to support different languages
· "Virtual users"
· Support for both MySQL and PostgreSQL databases
· Support for encrypting attachments (under PHP3)
· ...much much more...
· A webserver which supports parsing PHP files
· PHP3 or PHP4
· A POP3 server for receiving mail (either local or remote)
· An SMTP server for sending mail (local or remote)
· An SQL database supported by PHP (for now just MySQL and PostgreSQL)
VAMP has been tested and found working on several operating systems running different web-servers, POP3-servers and SMTP-server: Linux, FreeBSD, Windows running Apache or Microsoft IIS, and MySQL or PostgreSQL.
What's New in This Release:
· Added Bob Apthorpe to the CREDITS
· Finally fixed the d*mned bug that would stop VAMP from working with several major SMTP servers (it works with eg. postfix now).
· Fixed a small bug that stopped "Add to contacts" when reading an E-Mail from working.