Mutt Folder List 1.5.21-20130219
Mutt Folder List is a mutt patch that adds a sidebar showing all mail folders.
Mutt Folder List project allows users to hide or display the sidebar with a single keystroke, and optionally highlights folders with new messages. Users can scroll up and down the list of folders and open the selected folder, and configure the sidebar width, colors, and key bindings.
Mutt is the mail client of choice for people who are wary of fancy graphical user interfaces. I do like Mozilla Thunderbird, Balsa, and even Outlook Express. My biggest problem with all of these mail clients, however, is that I cannot use Vim to write my emails.
Unfortunately, though, mutt lacks an important feature that most email clients do have: a folder list that allows you to see all mail folders you have and how many (new) emails they each contain.
Justin Hibbits wrote a mutt patch that is an approximate fix to this problem. I helped him by adding some features and fixing some bugs.
Here are some key features of "Mutt Folder List":
- A sidebar with a list of folders on the left side of the mutt window.
- Hide/Unhide the sidebar with a single keystroke.
- Every line in the sidebar lists a folder with the total and new number of messages in it.
- Optionally highlight folders with new messages.
- Scroll up and down the list of folders and open the selected folder.
- Configurable sidebar width and colors.
- Configurable key bindings.
Mutt Folder List
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This version adds a user-contributed sidebar shortpath_indent patch which cleans up the indent/shortpath code and adds the sidebar_indentstr variable to allow multi-space indentation.