MailScanner is an email virus scanner, vulnerability protector, and spam tagger. It supports the Postfix, Sendmail, Exim, Qmail, and ZMailer MTAs, and the Sophos, McAfee, F-Prot, F-Secure, CommandAV, InoculateIT, Inoculan, eTrust, Kaspersky, Nod32, AntiVir, BitDefender, RAV, Panda, DrWeb, ClamAV, and other anti-virus scanners.
MailScanner uses SpamAssassin for highly successful spam identification, and is designed to handle denial of service attacks. It will detect password-protected zip files and apply filename checking to their contents.
It is very easy to install, requires no changes at all to your sendmail.cf file, is designed to be lightweight, and won't grind your mail system to a halt with its load. It can be integrated into any email system, regardless of the software in use.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed taint errors which show up in new versions of Perl.
· Fixed another taint error. Errors in File.pm can't be found. :(
· Fixed error occurring when Antiword fails to parse the input file.
· Fixed bunch of mktemp bugs, thanks to Andrew Colin Kissa.
· Another taint bug in Quarantine.pm.
· Fixed disastrous domain expiry problem in update_bad_phishing_sites and update_bad_phishing_emails
· Updated location of Web Bug Replacement to new cdn site.