MailRecon is Unix email content control application. It does listen network traffic, capture SMTP messages, analyse it (checks against very flexible and extendable checklist), discards usual private/business messages and save suspicious messages for detailed inspection by security staff.
Here are some key features of "MailRecon":
· Capturing email messages 'from the wire'. So it's compatible will all mailing software, do not require any reconfiguration and captures messages even if it's sent directly to recipient bypassing your mailserver.
· Support for SMTP and POP3 protocols.
· Very flexible mailing filter which goes with MailRecon allows to record only suspicious messages which worth to be examined, and skip usual private and business messages.
· Open Architecture. MailRecon supports plugins for analysis and save of messages. It's very easy to extend it's functionality with new plugins - every programmer and system administrator can write it.
· Thanks to Open Architecture, you can use your favorite mail reader or browser to manage archive of captured suspicious messages.
· For limited time, WWW-Security offers free installation and support of evaluation versions on your servers.
· FREE evaluation version which is never expires!
· Create user mailrecon and groups mailrecon and mail
· From installation directory run "make install" (as root)
· Copy init.d/mailrecon to your init.d directory and optionally create symlinks from rcN directories if you want to automatially start mailrecon on boot.