MailNG is a management system and web-based interface for virtual domains hosting. This software is written in Python (>= 2.5) and uses several web components:
· Django framework,
The icons collection used inside MailNG comes from the Tango project.
MailNG can be deployed alone (using a simple HTTP server provided by Python) or behind a web server like Lighttpd or Apache.
An SQL backend is used to centralize domains and associated informations.
Actually, following server components have been tested, using a MySQL database :
· Postfix : mailer,
· Dovecot : IMAP/POP server.
MailNG should normally work with other products that provide an SQL integration.
Here are some key features of "MailNG":
· Basic authentication
· Virtual domains creation/modification/removal
· Virtual mailboxes creation/modification/removal
· Virtual aliases creation/modification/removal
· French and English translations
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A webmail extension was added.
· Online parameters are handled.
· A new graphical layout is used.
· The amavis quarantine extension was improved.
· A lot of code updates and refactoring were done.
· South is used to handle schema migrations.