Kerio MailServer is a state-of-the-art groupware server allowing companies to collaborate via email, shared calendars, shared contacts and tasks.
Kerio MailServer is a secure, high-performance, multi-domain, mail server working with all POP3 and IMAP desktop mail clients for Windows, Linux and Mac.
Dual anti-virus control provides administrators with the ability to use both the integrated McAfee Anti-Virus and one of several external virus scanning products (Avast, AVG, eTrust, NOD32, Sophos, Symantec) for stronger protection.
A combination of content-based (SpamEliminator) and sender-based (SpamRepellent) anti-spam tools in Kerio MailServer significantly reduces the amount of unwanted email, helping to limit the legal hassles and security risks associated with spam.
Kerio WebMail & Kerio WebMail Mini
Two different web-based email clients, one with the look and feel of Microsoft Outlook and the other optimized for viewing email on PDA devices, provide users with both comfort and speed while working from most modern web browsers, including Safari and Firefox.
As an alternative for Microsoft Exchange, Kerio MailServer provides access to shared calendars, shared contacts and email from Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Entourage, and Kerio WebMail, while delivering lower TCO and a better overall email management experience for SMEs.
Administrators can download, install and configure the mail server in minutes, with simple wizards assisting with the most common administration tasks. Two interfaces allow administrators to manage either the entire mail server or just user accounts for specific domains.
Migration tool from Microsoft Exchange
To help companies migrate from Microsoft Exchange 5.5/2000/2003 to Kerio MailServer, Kerio offers its Kerio Exchange Migration Tool. It migrates users, folder structure, messages, all attachments, calendars, contacts and tasks, regardless of whether Active Directory is being used.
Managing user accounts in Kerio MailServer is possible using either the internal database or external directory services. Kerio MailServer has seamless integration with Active Directory on Windows and Apple Open Directory on Mac OS X Server.
Kerio MailServer is a scalable messaging server that can support anywhere from 20 users, in a small local area network, to several hundred users running from a single server. One server can provide email with virus and spam filtering to 500 concurrent IMAP users without a hit on performance.
Supported operating systems
Kerio MailServer runs on Windows 2000/XP/2003, server and desktop editions, Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux and Mac OS X. Kerio Outlook Connector for Microsoft Outlook runs on Windows 2000/XP/2003.
Here are some key features of "Kerio MailServer":
· Integrated McAfee Antivirus instantly removes viruses from incoming and outgoing email.
· SpamEliminator automatically detects and filters spam.
· Kerio WebMail with drag-and-drop makes a great alternative to Microsoft Outlook.
· Server-based calendars and address books synchronize seamlessly with Outlook, Entourage and Kerio WebMail.
· Exchange Migration Tool imports all user data from Microsoft Exchange.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed incorrect Spam Filter test (FH_DATE_PAST_20XX) causing increased spam score for emails sent in year 2010.
· Nokia mobile devices incorrectly reported "HTML emails disabled" when reading emails synchronized via ActiveSync.
· Calendar events accepted in Apple iCal were sometimes displayed as unconfirmed (with grey color).