KGmailNotifier is a gmail notifier applet written for KDE using Python and PyKDE/PyQt.
When new mail has arrived in your inbox a small window will popup, showing author and subject of the newest mail. The underlined link (in blue) will take you straight to your inbox with your preferred browser.
KGmailNotifier is greatly inspired by the gmail notifier that can be found here: http://gmail-notify.sourceforge.net.
It also provides some additional features such as acoustic notification and support for LEDs on notebooks and multimedia keyboards.
KGmailNotifier uses the gmailatom library written by Juan Grande for the original Gmail-Notifier at Sourceforge.
Bug reports, critic, compliments, suggestions etc. are highly welcome.
What's New in 0.3.1 Stable Release:
· Fixed an encoding bug when username or password contain special characters
· Added more languages
What's New in 0.4.0 RC2 Development Release:
· Removed a string from the popup window to give translations that need it more space
· Changed popup window to stay open while it has mouse focus (thanks to Joakim Andersson for the tip)
· Changed popup window to show name of the sender (if available) instead of email address
· Fixed more compilation errors on gcc-4.3
· Fixed a configuration handling problem for the 'Don't ask again' prompts on quit
· Fixed a small typo in the configuration dialog
· Some code cleaning
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- More translation updates
- Dropped unmaintained translations