KBiff is a "biff" or new mail notification utility. It is highly configurable but very easy to use and setup. KBiff tries to combine the best of the features of most of the "other" biff programs out there.
KBiff supports all major mailbox formats: mbox (Berkely style), maildir, mh, POP3, IMAP4, and NNTP. As of 3.7, it also supports POP3 and IMAP4 with SSL. As of 3.8, it supports CRAM-MD5 and APOP authentication.
KBiff is also part of the KDE project. Among other things, this means that it has support for session managment (it "remembers" the last state it was in before you logged off) and can be docked into the panel.
Here are some key features of "KBiff":
· Pure GUI configuration. No more command line parameters to remember (well, one optional one to make things easier for some people) or strange config files. All settings for KBiff can be done from one setup dialog.
· Session Management. KBiff starts up with the same configuration you left it with.
· Panel Docking. KBiff can be docked into the panel very easily. Handy when you are monitoring several mailboxes and don't have room anywhere else.
· Animated GIFs. You can use animated GIFs as your icons.
· Sounds. KBiff has an option to play .wav files when new mail arrives.
· POP3, IMAP4, NNTP, Maildir, MBOX, MH. KBiff supports all major mailbox formats!
· Multiple Mailbox. KBiff can monitor several mailboxes with one instance.
· Others. KBiff has scads of other options.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Status window fixes for multi-monitor setups. KDE 2 support has been removed.
· A 'stopped' icon state has been added.
· There are many automake/configure/Makefile updates.
· This is a generic refresh after three years of being dormant.