Ishmail is a graphical mail reader for Unix systems. It has any of the features you would expect in any GUI mail client.
Here are some key features of "Ishmail":
· is based on the UNIX philosophy
· supports UNIX (mbox), mh and MMDF folder formats
· e-mail aliases (also aliases for groups of people).
· shares folders and aliases with programs such as pine, elm, Z-mail, and sendmail
· internal IMAP and POP support
· PGP support
· easy integration with procmail, fetchmail, sendmail...
· the internal editor can be configured to use emacs key bindings, or you can use an external editor
· spell checking using any external spellchecker (like ispell or Aspell)
· can pass messages to external commands
· message sorting by multiple criteria
· message threading by subject
· advanced message searching with regular expressions
· can specify patterns (using UNIX regular expressions) to look for in message headers, then take action when a match is found. Each pattern can have a different action. These actions include:
· Automatically file the message in a specific folder (mail filtering)
· Run an alert command (for example, play a specific sound).
· Display a specific icon pixmap. extremely customizable: select your own
· shortcut keys, buttons, colors, just about anything