Insight Server is a Linux-based email server utilizing open source components to provide a highly reliable, scalable, and cost effective email solution for customers of all sizes. It's designed to facilitate complete messaging and collaboration capabilities within a company. The server supports all standard protocols, and provides backup and recovery tools, server redundancy, migration tools, and resource management.
Insight Server uses multiple open source e mail server components like Cyrus IMAP, OpenLDAP, Berkeley DB, Postfix, Spamassassin, and ClamAV. These open source products provide stability and open standards to Bynari’s Linux e mail server.
Insight server is a rock-solid e mail server that is designed for small to large number of users. It installs in minutes, and it provides very simple and intuitive management console. Insight Server supports load balance and distributed environments. It also supports redundancy by acting as a failover system for multiple instances of Insight Servers.
Bynari supports variety of Linux operating systems. Insight Server supports major distributions and their latest versions: Red Hat, SuSE, Debian, Ubuntu and CentOS Linux. To determine if your server hardware is supported, please check with the hardware vendor for support of various versions and distributions of Linux. Depending on the hardware manufacturer, they will support certain versions of Linux distributions, only.
Here are some key features of "Insight Server":
· High Availability for LDAP
· Thunderbird & Evolution client support
· Jabber Instant Messaging integration
· Multi-server single domain configuration
· Active Directory support
· Backup and recovery tool
· Migration tool
· Distributed and consolidated environments
· Multi-level administrator support
· Server side filtering rules
· Automated Migration tool
· Exchange Calendar and Contacts migration added to the existing email migration tool
What's New in This Release:
· Private Domains become public on upgrade
· Group ACL not functional in WebClient 5.0-6917 for Task, Notes, Calendar and Contacts
· Migration wizard misses some aliases
· Sa-update generates errors about Archive::Tar being too old.
· Distributed email does not function properly
· Restore doesn't restore all config files.
· PostgreSQL will not start when InsightServer is upgrading.
· Only first slave in master/slave configuration receives LDAP replication
· Contacts created in Connector do not appear in WebClient
· Searching email body when true returns error, as well as correct results.
· Out of office setting doesn't work - "lost connection while sending end of data" error
· 4.3.x hide features not relevant to master/slave mode
· Modifying user in Master/Slave environment causes errors
· Upgrading master/slave causes problems.
· Master/Slave: Cannot create or edit users on slave
· Master/Slave: User cannot edit their preferences
· Changing the Cyrus sharedprefix causes contact synchronization problem with WebClient
· Recent Insight Server 4.3 builds are missing the idled binary.
· Cyrus.conf doesn't exist, isn't created as part of install
· Amavis will not restart after shutting down improperly
· quotacheck.pl contains invalid FROM
· iCal Support for calendar sharing with other email clients
· Mozilla Sunbird and Novell Evolution Calendar Sharing
· Folder sharing
· Meeting scheduling
· Create events: accept/decline
· Free/busy information
· Spell Checker
· Set private appointments
· Multiple language Support
· Global Address List with contacts
· Advanced contact features
· Read receipts
· User customization
· Content Message search
· Public shared folders
· Email flagging
· Rich Text Editor
· Quota Display
· Fetchmail support
· Wireless device support w/syncML
· Outlook ical support does not work with the new WebClient. This will be working when ical for the connector is added.