Hastymail is yet another webmail IMAP client written in PHP. Hastymail is designed for speed, simplicity, RFC compatibility and security.
Our goal is to create a simple interface with powerful but easy to use options that make managing your IMAP account effective and fast. Hastymail is NOT groupware. We are focused on being a functional and fast webmail client.
Here are some key features of "Hastymail":
· All Hastymail needs from PHP is session support, but additional functionality can be used or internal functions replaced with configuration options
· Hastymail works across HTTPS transparently and if using PHP 4.3+ with openssl support can connect to IMAP, LDAP, and SMTP servers using TLS/SSL.
· Hastymail combines CSS for themes and templates for layout giving sites an easy way to customize the interface. As of 1.5 Hastymail has 3 template sets and many themes.
· Lots of site-wide options can be tweaked to make Hastymail work with your environment.
· Hastymail is 100% PHP5 compatible
All browsers from IE6 to Lynx to Dillo are supported. Currently we have been testing Hastymail with:
· Mozilla, (current versions, many platforms)
· Internet explorer, 5.0, 5.5, 6.0
· Netscape 4.x,7
· Galeon (current versions)
· Firefox (current versions)
· Dillo 0.6.6 - current
· Lynx 2.8.4 and up
· Blazer on Palm OS
· WebPro3 on Palm OS
· Several others like Opera, Skipstone, Links...
· PHP 4.1+
· RFC 3105 compliant IMAP server
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Updated Finnish translation thanks to Lari Huttunen
· Truncate long header values in the message view with an option to view the full value
· Added an option to auto-close the browser window after successfully sending a message when using the "compose messages in a new window" option
· Big Polish translation update thanks to Pawel Hertel
· Updated the js_help plugin to handle all the options page settings
· Added an option to the html_mail plugin to dynacially switch between HTML and Text mode on the compose page
· Fixed a bug with the "attach contact" option on the compose page
· Added a lot of comments to the main index.php file
· A few AJAX system fixes and enhancements
· Made trimming white-space off usernames and passwords when logging in optional, defaults to no trimming
· Fixed a bug with the "remove folder" dropdown on the new mail page
· Made it possible to change the field order of message lists using an array defined in the main index.php file
· Updated Dutch interface translation file thanks to Wim
· Added an option to trim the From field in message lists to a specified length
· Updated the js_notice plugin to not shift the page contents when the notice is hidden
· Improved the HTTP headers sent when downloading message parts
· Improved the js_help plugin to not alter the option text cell size during a mouse over
· Expanded filter plugin rules to allow a time period match without a search pattern
· Added initial contact group support
· Fixed a bug with saving the auto-save setting for the compose page
· Added a message_digest plugin that adds enhanced navigation to digest messages
· Added a move_sent plugin that allows the selection of a different
· Sent folder on the compose page and has the ability to move replied-to messages to the same folder. Thanks to Joerg S
· Expanded the plugin API with some new hooks and tools methods
· Fixed a bug that could cause HTML message parts to be missing content
· Updated the Polish translation thanks to Pawel Hertel
· Added a Russian interface translation thanks to Maxim Velichko
· Added an option to set a default email address for each configured IMAP server login
· Fixed a bug with the IMAP validation layer and the auto-create special folders setting.