Fetchmail is an open source, full-featured, well-documented and robust remote-mail retrieval and forwarding solution.
Fetchmail supports every remote-mail protocol now in use on the Internet: POP2, POP3, RPOP, APOP, KPOP, all flavors of IMAP, ETRN, and ODMR. It can even support IPv6 and IPSEC.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix compilation with OpenSSL implementations before 0.9.8m that lack SSL_CTX_clear_options. Patch by Earl Chew. Note that the use of older OpenSSL versions with fetchmail is unsupported and *not* recommended.
· Fix combination of --plugin and -f -. Patch by Alexander Zangerl, to fix Debian Bug#671294.
· Clean up logfile vs. syslog handling, and in case logfile overrides syslog, send a message to the latter stating where logging goes.
· The build process can now be made a bit more silent and concise through ./configure --enable-silent-rules, or by adding "V=0" to the make command.
· Make Maillennium POP3 workarounds less specific, to encompass Maillennium POP3/UNIBOX (Maillennium V05.00c++). Reported by Eddie via fetchmail-users mailing list, 2012-10-13.
· [cs] Czech, by Petr Pisar
· [da] Danish, by Joe Hansen
· [de] German
· [fr] French, Frédéric Marchal
· [ja] Japanese, Takeshi Hamasaki
· [pl] Polish, by Jakub Bogusz
· [sv] Swedish, by Göran Uddeborg
· [vi] Vietnamese, Trần Ngọc Quân