Djigzo email encryption gateway is an email server (MTA) that encrypts and decrypts your incoming and outgoing email. As it works like a general SMTP server, Djigzo is compatible with regular email clients and can work with the already existing email servers. Djigzo is typically installed as a "store and forward" server. Email is therefore only temporarily stored until it is forwarded to it's final destination.
Djigzo currently supports two encryption standards; S/MIME and PDF encryption. S/MIME provides authentication, message integrity and non-repudiation (using X.509 certificates) and protection against message interception. S/MIME uses public key encryption (PKI) for encryption and signing. PDF encryption can be used as a lightweight alternative to S/MIME encryption. PDF allows you to decrypt and read encrypted PDF documents. PDF documents can even contain attachments embedded within the encrypted PDF. The password for the PDF can be manually set per recipient or a password can be randomly generated and sent to the recipient via a SMS Text message.
Djigzo has a built-in CA which you can use to issue X.509 certificates for internal and external users. The external user can use the certificate with any S/MIME capable email client like Outlook, Outlook express, Lotus Notes, Thunderbird, Gmail1 etc.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The PDF option "Send CC to replier" has been added.
· The S/MIME option "Skip import of untrusted certificates" has been added.
· The "Signing subject trigger" option has been added.
· Password strength check/estimate is added.
· French language support has been added to the portal.
· Support for right to left (RTL) has been added.
· Support for multiple SMS transports have been added.
· The DLP scanner now also extracts the meta content of MIME parts.
· Virtual Appliance: backup/restore from the console application.
· Remote samba mount; network setup from the Web GUI.
· Many other changes and improvements.