Deinonychus is a streamlined email client that is designed to be fast and simple, while still retaining basic functionality. IMPORTANT: Deinonychus uses basic authentication for both IMAP and POP stores, which means that your password will be sent in the clear. If you are security minded or do not know what this means, it is recommended that you do not use Deinonychus to receive email messages.
This project started with the belief that managing email can be replaced by a combination of sorting, flagging, and filtering.
My ideal message retrieval protocol would pretty much be halfway between POP and IMAP. This is why Deinonychus treats each email store simply as a collection of messages.
Here are some key features of "Deinonychus":
· Access to IMAP4, POP3, and Hotmail message stores.
· Parsing and display of MIME compliant messages.
· A bare bones contact list.
· A basic filtering mechanism.
· Archiving of messages to disk.
· Composition of MIME compliant messages.
· Java 1.4 or higher
What's New in This Release:
· Can now archive messages to disk.
· Simplified filter.
· Much improved error handling and error messages.
· Major code cleanup for easier maintenance.