Claws Mail (previously known as Sylpheed-Claws) is an open source project that provides an lightweight, yet powerful e-mail client.
It features multiple accounts, mime attachments, SSL over POP3, threaded display, email filtering, build-in image viewer, Mbox import/export support, as well as a RSS reader.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· All plugins previously packaged as 'Extra Plugins' are now contained within the Claws Mail package. In addition tthat, the following plugins have been dropped: TrayIcon, DillViewer, and Gtkhtml2 Viewer.
· This release contains the following plugins: ACPI Notifier, Address Keeper, Attachment Remover, Attachment Warner, Bogofilter, BS Filter, Clam AntiVirus, Fancy HTML Viewer, FetchInfo, gData, GeoLocation, Mail Archiver, MailMBOX, New Mail, Notification, PDF Viewer, Perl, PGP/Core, PGP/Inline, PGP/MIME, Python, RSSyl, SMime, Spam Report, SpamAssassin, TNEF Parse, and vCalendar.
3 command-line switches have been added:
· --cancel-receiving which cancels the currently running message retrieval operation
· --cancel-sending which cancels the currently running message sending operation
· --debug which toggles debug output.
· '/Message/Cancel sending' has been added tthe main menu.
· In the filtering and processing condition configuration for Age,
· it is now possible tmatch based on number of hours.
· The GnuPG signature timestamp is now displayed in the full signature information
· Support for GnuTLS priority string has been added. This is achieved via 2 hidden account preferences, gnutls_set_priority and gnutls_priority. The former turning the option on or off, the latter containing the required priority string.
· Keep-alive pings are now performed on IMAP and NNTP connections.
· In the Compose window, the focus is now moved tthe message body when focus is in the Subject entry and the Enter key is pressed.
· The Delete key can now be used tremove Colour Label hotkeys.
· PDF Viewer: The printed PDF quality has been improved.
· Fancy HTML viewer: The options dialogue has been completely reworked, and disabling remote content is now totally strict.
· Python plugin: Added Cc field tmessageinfobjects.
· Python plugin: Added examples.
· Python plugin: Added a function tget an arbitrary header from a MessageInfobject
· Perl plugin: The documentation for insert_perl.pl has been improved.
· Basic handling of vcard 3.0 has been added tvcard2xml.py.
· A Swedish translation has been added tclaws-mail.desktop.
· The man page has been updated.
· Updated translations: Brazilian Portuguese, Czech, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish
· bug 1137, 'loading plugins with same profile on different archs'
· bug 1684, 'view news messages with large attachements segfaults'
· bug 1963, 'Preferences Templates Information Window Focus loss'
· bug 2340, 'Create block list'
· bug 2617, 'code cleanup'
· bug 2624, 'dialog "Action Configuration" cannot be closed'
· bug 2702, 'Support splitting subject line for small screen layout'
· bug 2774, 'Select folder/New Folder dialog - modal problem'
· bug 2785, 'Marking mails for deletion reopens internal message view'
· bug 2801, 'Filtering Header:Name list is blank/corrupt'
· bug 2826, 'replace deprecated gnutls function'
· bug 2828, 'Use MD5 digest for socket name'
· bug 2832, 'mail tfrom adress-book splitt names'
· bug 2835, 'add_address() in addr_compl.c should allow a NULL name'
· bug 2859, 'Newmail plugin doesn't work if Mail folder not present when it is loaded.'
· bug 2862, 'Segmentation fault when replying ta message where the "code conversion" fails'
· bug 2863, 'Applying has_attachment quicksearch on IMAP segfaults'
· bug 2878 'bsfilter / folder.c:1435 Condition identifier != NULL failed'
· bug 2879, 'Plain text mails treated as encrypted'
· bug 2882, 'Reverse preference for external content'
· bug 2885, 'SIGSEGV in hooks_marshal at hooks.c:108'
· bug 2890, 'html2ps required...'
· bug 2893, 'ical_yy_scan_bytes has wrong type'
· bug 2903, 'key 'C' mention harcoded in string'
· bug 2909, 'Changing folder quickly can cause wrong email tbe deleted'
· IMAP: Don't set charset on simple searches. Fixes Exchange 2007.
· Disconnect NNTP accounts towhen switching offline.
· Fix sensitivity of next-unread toolbar button.
· tools/gif2xface.pl, tools/outlook2claws-mail.pl: Fix address.
· Add missing \n at end of the return receipt last part's headers.
· Make LDAP over SSL work on Win32.
· Fix crash on action error.
· Fix trimming of leading spaces in actions.
· tools/vcard2xml.py: Fix missing file encoding info.
· fix sensitivity of 'Use both dictionaries' in compose window.
· Fix actions with spaces (and quotes).
· tools/vcard2xml.py: Lines split over more than one line breaks parser; Get email addres correct. Not only email;internet.
· Escape filename/description text of MIME parts, prevents error if, e.g., the filename contains an ampersand.
· Fix 'edit accounts' windows going behind when leaving an 'account preferences' window, by re-focusing this window.
· Fix crash closing PDF information alert panel.
· Fix default fonts on Windows.
· Fix ugly icon in XFCE's alt-tab window.
· Fix untranslated description in archiver plugin
· fix crasher when using /Edit/Search folder on start-up with nothing selected.