AmoK pop2rss checks in short intervals one or more POP3 accounts and displays incoming emails as RSS-feed. AmoK pop2rss includes an own rss server - beside a news reader no more software is needed. The project supports RSS 0.92, RSS 0.93, RSS 0.94, RSS 1.0, RSS 2.0 and Atom 0.3. The software runs (optional) as a service on system startup and basically works as a mailchecker. AmoK pop2rss is accessible via network (intranet and internet) and can be secured by a password.
In contrast to other solutions, AmoK pop2rss is not a script written in PHP, Perl or Python but a complete standalone software solution. AmoK pop2rss is developed in Java and runs on every operating system such as Windows, Linux and Apple Macintosh.
Here are some key features of "AmoK pop2rss":
· Unlimited amount of pop3 accounts usable
· Password protection
· RSS server included
· Locally and via network (intranet/internet) accessible
· Runs as a background process
· Support of all common RSS formats and Atom 0.3
· Runs on Windows, Linux and Mac
· 100% Freeware
· Free support
· With and without Setup/Installer available
· Java Runtime Environment 5.0 (1.5)