AfterLogic XMail Server is a free and open source e-mail server distributed for Linux and Windows platforms.
AfterLogic XMail Server provides SMTP and POP3 services, AJAX webmail, multiple virtual mail domains and accounts, spam filtering, and lots of other features.
AfterLogic XMail Server is based on open source XMail server. The advantages of AfterLogic XMail Server against original XMail are simultaneous multi-user access to a POP3 mailbox, configuring port numbers via config file, handy Windows installer, etc. Now, we're actively working on the product to make it more feature-reach and user-friendly.
The product is shipped under GPLv2 terms for many 32-bit platforms including Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista, GNU/Linux, etc. The source code is available in the SVN repository on SourceForge.
Here are some key features of "AfterLogic XMail Server":
· SMTP server (ESMTP supported)
· POP3 server
· TLS/SSL secure connections
· Support of multiple virtual mail domains and accounts
· SMTP authentication (clear-text, secure, POP-before-SMTP)
· Account aliasing
· Domain aliasing
· Remote administration
· Cross-platform (Windows, Linux, BSD, etc)
· Built-in WebMail Lite client (can be upgraded to Pro version)
· Simultaneous multi-user access to a POP3 mailbox
· Finger server
· SMTP protection against spammers (IP-based and e-mail address based)
· Public blacklists: RBL/RSS/ORBS/DUL
· Mailing lists
· Flexible message filters
· Custom mail processing
· SMTP ETRN command support
· Custom POP3/SMTP authentication
· POP3 account synchronizer (fetcher)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· .SHAR installer is added into the Lite version, reverts .RPM and .DEB packaging;
· bogofilter excluded from Lite version;
· new Storage API implemented as .so library;
· all XMail-specific filesystem actions was wrapped to use methods of new Storage API;
· NTLM auth module sources included for Windows users.