spam.pl is a perl script that extracts all relaying hosts from the headers of a spam mail and sends a complaint mail to all the responsible mail server administrators.
spam.pl is free software released under the GPL license.
There is no warranty, neither expressed nor implied, that spam.pl would do what it is said to do. It is up to you to use it.
Here are some key features of "spam pl":
· Use your own complaint message
· Enter your own list of friendly hosts (probably the friendly hosts that relayed the mail to you)
· You should also instruct spam.pl what email-address it should put in the From: line when it mails its complaints.
· Run the script without sending any mail to see what receivers it could extract.
· Run the script with only one specified receiver, so that you can mail yourself and see what it looks good.
· Invoke the script from inside your favorite mail program. Just pipe the whole mail including headers into this script. You can of course just save the whole mail first and then pipe it manually into this script.
· Complain through the abuse.net service.
· Resolves IP-only addresses
· Optionally extract host names to complain to from the mail body's http:// links.
· Can be made to use the whois.abuse.net lookup service.
What's New in This Release:
· Major bugfixes and efficiency improvements.
· Added documentation and more reliance on CPAN modules.