smf-clamd is a Sendmail milter for the ClamAV (Clam AntiVirus).
Sendmail filter for ClamAV aims to be lightweight, reliable and simple. Sendmail filter for ClamAV is written in C.
Here are some key features of "Sendmail filter for ClamAV":
· It has a hosts/networks whitelist;
· It can scan messages less than a defined size only;
· It rejects infected messages at the SMTP DATA stage;
· It can add an information header with scan results to scanned messages;
· It can log all milter activities through the syslog service.
· Small code;
· Fast work;
· Stability (production quality);
· Few system resources are required;
· No temporary files are created.
What's New in This Release:
· A workaround for the Sendmail socket unsafe error on some platforms was implemented.
· Clean email messages logging was removed.
· Configuration file, default user, and working directory were changed.
· The format of log records was changed.
· Some samples of start-up scripts were added.
· The new TODO tasks were added.
· Cosmetic enhancements were made.